--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, new.morning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Sal Sunshine <salsunshine@>
> wrote:
>

> > >  However, we must immediately cover the start-up costs of
building
> the
> > >  new campus—and continue to build until we have proper housing
for
> > > 1,000  Vedic Pandits.  Therefore, now is the time for all of
you who
> > > have who so kindly  pledged to support the Vedic Pandits when
they
> > > arrive to quickly fulfill  your commitment.
> >
> > So this is a--gasp--plug for $$?  Who would have thought.
> >
> > Sal
> >

> It doesn't seem to be an new plug for $.   Given that people were
> smart enough to pledge money WHEN the pundits arrived, and not give
> outright, it seems reasonable that once the pundits DO arrive that
> people honor their pledges.
>
> But for any future TMO projects, it seems cleaner for donors to
set up
> their own foundation, with their own board, and own transparent
> accounting, raise funds, and give piece meal to projects when and
if
> each milestone is completed.

Sadly, that's probably the only way to do it.

I say sadly because having each major donor set up their own
foundations and own accounting is very inefficient and an
unnecessarily repeating of expensive activities that otherwise could
be done just once.

Sharon Stone got alot of Kudos from Forbes Magazine several years
back for being the main fundraising celebrity who did NOT have her
own foundation and, instead, hustled and pitched for already-
established AIDS foundations.  If I remember correctly, the author
of the article contrasted this with the Baldwin Brothers who set up
their own foundation for breast cancer in honor of their mother and
the money that was actually going to fight cancer was just a few
cents on the dollar because everything was being eaten up in
administration costs.

> Any donor who gives directly to the TMO is brain-dead and deserves
> be taken. :) Its M's way of saying "grow up" create your own
> accountability systems if you want them, such things make no sense
> us Indians past the age of 50 -- and our way of doing business,
but if
> you want it, go do it.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional