> > <curtisdeltablues@> wrote:
> > >
> > > "That's illegal and would destroy the TMO's reputation if
> > > proveable."
> > >
> > > Spraig, I'll bet you laughed when you wrote this.  If you didn't
> > > please take a moment to laugh your ass off.  "Reputation"!
> > > Brilliant!
> >
> > It's so funny, Curtis, you seem to have missed
> > what came immediately before what you quote:
> >
> > "Was any of that stuff government funded?"
> >
> > Lawson, can you give Curtis an estimate of how
> > much the TMO has received in government funding
> > for scientific studies?
>
> Not a clue. The Hypertension health center stuff is $8 million from
the NIH, I believe, but
> for other studies, you'd have to read the study and see where the
funding came from. I'd
> be willing to bet that 100% of the studies that involve comparisons
between TM and other
> meditation techniques were non-TM funded, and 90+% certain that any
studies involving
> non-MUM faculty were non-TM funded also. Can't say anything about
the rest, without
> reading them and checking for where the grant came from.

MUM financials show it gets between $2-$4 million each year in gov't
grants, though not all of this is necessarily for research.  Don't
know how much is for the long term hypertension research which is top
notch.  It's the graduate students working with faculty on their
dissertations that are generally bogus due to the pressure to come up
with positive findings or else no degree.  Not sure if any of this
type of research is going on anymore as the graduate science programs
are pretty much gone now I think.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: