Jim,

I sure never got a moodmaker vibe from you on this group!  You are
just folks to me my brother.

I have been fascinated with yours and other people's experiences of
big permanant shifts in your state of consciousness.  I can't think of
how hypnosis theory would add insight to this.  I believe that the
mind is capable of shifting into radically different styles of
functioning and we are left to our own to figure out what it means.  I
would like to pursue this conversation, adding my own subjective
experiences of my self, with a member of the grape family represented
in both of our glasses!

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jim_flanegin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> <curtisdeltablues@> wrote:
> <snip> As far as the states reached in hypnotic techniques, I found
> them
> > identical to what I had experienced in TM in my own experience.  But
> > know it can be argued that I was just used to transcending.   In my
> > small group of therapists, who were in the hypnosis training with me,
> > I was able to test if other people would have the type of experiences
> > that I had through TM and sidhis through hypnosis.  They would report
> > very similar states of mind.
> <snip>
>
> Hi Curtis, an interesting discussion, to be sure. From a subjective
> standpoint I can say I experience 'higher states' of consciousness or
> just plain other states of consciousness very differently now than I
> used to.
>
> Let me preface this by saying I have never been prone to mood-making.
> In fact it kinda grosses me out and hurts when I see it, only because
> my heart hurts for those doing it, since it is fake, and I want them
> to genuinely feel what they are faking....very much an Ewwww/Owww type
> of experience.
>
> Anyway, when I would have a higher states experience in the past, it
> would be like the shift of a tectonic plate within; one moment
> I'm...here, and the next I'm...there, with no clarity around how I got
> to 'there' from 'here'. So it could've been I was hypnotized or
> externally influenced somehow. And 'I' felt different; not quite
> myself.
>
> My experience now, with whatever I am moving from or to, is that the
> experience is wholly mine and I can review the transition in time, so
> that wherever I might go, be it transcending, asleep, champagne high,
> emotional envelopment, etc. there is no longer the "wha'
> happened?!?!?" accompaniment; I am always where I am.
>
> This is a different experience I think that the trance state you are
> describing, because there is no loss of me at any time. While my
> subjective experience may change and possibly drastically, I am always
> tracking, big or small, high or low, light or dark, its always just me.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: