> > Thanks for the update.
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, gimari03 <no_reply@> wrote:
> > <snip>
> > > Perhaps a right wing group was invovled behind the scenes.
> > > Perhaps not.
> >
> > There *was* a religious right-wing group involved
> > behind the scenes; this was reported in one of the
> > newspaper articles that was posted here.
> >
> > Whether they actually made a legal threat, I have
> > no idea, but their involvement was an implicit
> > threat, given that lawsuits is what they *do*.
>
> OK, I checked, and there *was* an explicit legal
> threat made by the fundie group.
>
> From the San Diego Union-Tribune:
>
> ...Others said they felt TM was too close to a religion and
therefore
> should not be promoted as a student activity, leading a
conservative
> legal organization to consider suing the school for violating the
> separation of church and state....
>
> Sharing the chagrin of some Terra Linda parents over the TM club
was
> the Pacific Justice Institute, a nonprofit legal group that often
> advocates for religion to play a greater role in public life. In
this
> case, though, the group threatened to sue the high school over
church-
> state boundaries.
>
> "If it's religious in nature and it involves faculty, then you
would
> have a problem," said Kevin Snider, chief counsel for the
institute. >>>

MuthaFukin born-again retards try that in this part of the world and
they will be labelled as junk DNA, torn apart, and fed to the birds.

 They do not have a leg to stand on legally.

OffWorld

> http://tinyurl.com/yarwxq
>
> This was in one of the articles posted here,
> so let's all stop pretending the involvement
> of a fundie Christian group is a vile rumor
> started by TM's supporters, shall we?

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: