shempmcgurk wrote:
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> shempmcgurk wrote:

> Time,

>>> would have

>>> immediate environment,

> city,
>

>>> state,

> else
>

>>> 19th century  and

>>> backward.

>>> technologies

> oil.
>

>>> Think

>>> How is what MDixon saying contradicting the desire for
>>>
> alternative
>
>>> modes of energy?
>>>

>> Try reading what he said.  He is implying that without oil we
>>
> would go
>
>> back to the horse and buggy era.  Not so MacGurk.
>>

> I think he's stating the obvious that the use of oil -- which I, you
> and he and everyone else on this forum consumes in abundance -- has
> enabled alot of positive things.
>
> Speaking for myself, if a cleaner and more efficient alternative is
> available I will abandon my patronage of the Mobil Station down the
> block and give my greenbacks to the new guy in town.

That means you are buying at Exxon.
> I have zero loyalty to the oil companies above and beyond their
> ability to provide me with the gasoline I need to power my Toyota
> Corolla (which gets me 31 miles to the gallon, city and highway
> combined).

But you sure defend them a lot.  Be sure to rent "Who Killed the
Electric Car" when it comes out on DVD this coming month.  You'll learn
we could have had that cleaner alternative some time ago.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: