<shempmcgurk@>

> > > No wonder I always have to pee after I drink a cup
> > > of coffee!
> >
> > I got this info from an article on the world's water from the
> > recent "New Yorker".  Fascinating article and most of it
> > concentrates on India and how public policy encourages water-
> > waste by Indian farmers.
>
> So I get that coffee plants are thirsty, but are they
> encouraging Indian farmers to grow coffee there? When
> I think coffee, I think of the countries it's usually
> from, which are all rainforest nations that do not
> exactly have a problem with water scarcity. I don't
> really see a lot of Bombay Blend on the shelves next
> to the other coffees.

sorry, I didn't mean to imply that the entire article was about
India.

No, the coffee referred to is throughout the world.  India's problem
is rice which the government encourages farmers to grow...but rice
is also a high-water plant.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: