In a message dated 10/26/06 5:03:49 A.M. Central Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Once this boy is 18 or 20 he will look dor his father again and she will support him in doing so. Had she gave the man money he would spend or lose the money and thenabandon the child again. I know I live in Brasil where it happens all the time.

That's a mighty big assumption. But she also could have set up a trust fund that could have taken care of both the child and the rest of his family till that age.