> In a message dated 10/26/06 5:51:12 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
> Based  upon my understanding of the Buddhist concept that
> > life begins at  conception it is complete with spirit.You
> > would have to ask them why  they believe that. If it is,
> > why should they not have the most  fundamental right of
> > all innocence, life? Who gets to decide when life  starts
> > and when it needs to end? That is a very dangerous
> >  position to let anybody have. Better to err on the side
> > of caution  than set a precedent that can be arbitrarily
> > moved about.
>
> Two  questions: Who is endangered by taking this position,
> and in what way? And  what exactly do you mean by "err on
> the side of caution"? What exactly  would that involve?
>
> I'm not sure I understand your first question.

You said (see above), "That is a very dangerous
position to let anybody have."  I'm asking who
is it dangerous *to*, and what exactly is the
danger?

> To err on the side of  caution means if one doesn't know at what
> point the fetus is a human being and  not a lump of tissue why
> would you risk making the mistake of taking it's life.

Yes, I understood that.  I'm asking what you
*do* about this (other than not having an
abortion yourself).

C'mon, MDixon, stop being evasive.

> What man/politician gets to decide when its ok to deliberately
> destroy innocent life.

Some of us kinda think it's the woman who is
pregnant who gets to decide whether she wants
to devote her body to nurturing a clump of
cells for months and months until it matures
into a human being capable of living outside
her body.

> Can you imagine sometime in the future when health care
> dollars are too short and some politicians come up with
> the idea that maybe Healthcare benefits need to be
> withheld from certain age brackets so the rest can have
> better  care? Or the only procedure you are allowed is
> euthanasia?

These would all be post-birth age brackets, right,
actual human beings?

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: