It is the same idea as meditating .  Some people became teachers with the belief that they would become rich as teachers.   Or better they would become enlightened.  When things did not happen as the sales pitch proclaimed then they got upset and sued.

The water filters worked and people still continue to buy them.   The only thing many people did not gain from the millionaire training they received.   Equinox was one of the best things I have done. Not because of the money because I spent more than I made, but the training was excellent if one used it.   Bottom line life is a learning if we learn from life and use it there is nothing we can not do.  JGD

----- Original Message ----
From: Jason Spock <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, October 28, 2006 4:56:18 PM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Mathematics - Pyramid Scheme

    Would somebody eloborate on this.??  Pyramid scheme not mathematicaly sustainable. ??

    Somebody tried to sell me a Water Purifier on this scheme.  I backed out at the last minute.

Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 17:45:02 -0000
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: A theory of Karma, TMOers, and the TMO's "Persona"

If you are talking about Equinox and Bill Gouldd, the reason people
sued was he created what is known as a pyramid scheme- those early
in make all the money. The purpose of the business becomes not
selling products but getting more and more people to contribute
money at the bottom of the pyramid for the benefit of the people at
the top. Mathematically this model is not sustainable, and can only
be sustained by fraudulent and unethical practices.

Yes, the value in reading the Gita is it aligns your thinking with
Maharishi's. If that is desirable, then the Gita does a very good
job of this. I still open mine up sometimes and read for a minute,
just for a mini-tune up. It cleans the active mind momentarily.