> Leach's tenure repreesenting the District in which Fairfield
resides
> is a long one.  I was at MIU when he won over the incumbent Ed
> Medvinsky (who was later convicted of some sort of fraud and may
> still be in prison over it).
>
> Medvinsky was scheduled to come to MIU to speak during the campaign
> but never showed up.  So his wife came a few days later with
> apologies (his wife several years later became a Congressperson
> herself) and spoke on his behalf.
>
> Leach also came to campus to speak and spoke at the learning center.
>
> The TMO spin on all this would be: Leach got the support of nature -
-
>  and the electorate -- because he showed up at MIU. Medvinsky
didn't
> because he was a no-show.
>
> Leach must be going on almost 30 years representing that district...

*********

Mezvinsky is in the slam:

http://tinyurl.com/yn99f7

until 2008:
http://tinyurl.com/ydyu5e

It's ridiculous to say that the TM would apply such a spin. The guy
was a crook, never mind that he was unable to show up, a lapse common
in campaigning and for which he apologized and sent the old lady, who
was obviously a good pol, since she won office in PA later:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marjorie_Margolies-Mezvinsky

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: