--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "markmeredith2002"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jim_flanegin" <jflanegi@>
wrote:
> snip
>
> >  Guru
> > > Dev came out from his mountain cave to restore proper
meditation,
> > the
> > > centerpiece of Vedic culture, and those pundits and others who
are
> > > practicing TM will be operating from a level of consciousness
> > where
> > > activity, whether it is ordinary or doing the yagyas, will be
> > > effective because the actors have expanded their awareness,
not
> > made
> > > themselves even duller with ineffective and boring meditation
> > > techniques.

This was bob brigante's post I believe, not mine.

> There's no evidence that Guru Dev promoted some new proper
meditation
> to restore vedic civilization, in fact the evidence is to the
> contrary, no one in guru dev's ashram report learning TM or some
such
> new meditation from him.  TM is something MMY came up with long
after
> guru dev was gone, so guru dev should be left out of this
particular
> debate.
>
> The theory that religious rituals are more meaningful or effective
if
> the practitioner is in a heightened state of awareness makes sense,
> though I might phrase it differently to emphasize devotion instead,
> but I would take issue with the assertion that learning TM
> automatically gives a person expanded awareness that enables them
> send global transforming rays throughout the universe - we have
lots
> of 30+ yrs meditators in this town as evidence to the contrary.

Agreed- the universe has to be receptive to the intent of the
meditators for the rays to work. Maharishi discusses this in SBAL as
I recall-  the acceptance of the environment.

The
> vast vast majority of 30+ yr meditators don't have success with the
> sutras so why would new meditators be experts at yagyas.

It has to do with the destiny of the earth being transformed. Things
are possible now that weren't possible before. We don't live in a
vacuum you know. There is an intimate relationship of the earth to
the rest of the universe. The correspondence of the earth to the
rest of the Milky Way galaxy. Hard nosed facts.

> My main pt on this issue though is really just an emotional
reaction
> to the emerging groupthing here that all our individual problems
and
> even kali yuga itself are on the way out because of some pundit
boys
> moving to the US

Who believes that? Sounds like trash- there continues to be no such
thing as a free lunch.

 -- people can believe in their vedic civilization
> revival if they want but I bet many of them have spent much of
their
> lives in similar games of magical thinking and denial.

I agree. Playthings of the ego. Rediculous notions of self-
importance.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: