> > > > > > > (or allow another to
> > > > > > > make a claim) that would insinuate
> > > > > > > a group of pundits
> > > > > > > chanting "Vedic verses" could
> > > > > > > change the course of human events.
> > >
> > What is a mahayagya, O Sagacious One?
> > This: http://alex.natel.net/misc/ww2_yagya.jpg  ????

Namaste Sir Alex John Stanely Ji..,
i must politley inform you that the photo you are lokking at is the--
 Khumba Mela taken in 1944 on the banks of the Jamuna/Yamuna river.

The oldest Mela, the Khumba Mela, is held once every 12 years at the
junction of the three sacred rivers (Ganges, Yamuna, and Saraswati)
and attended by more than 40 million people. Now the dates of the
Khumba Mela are set to the specific location using astrological
calculations based upon the placement of planet Jupiter, also there
are ardha-Khumbas held every 6 years on the Jamuna River.

 ..."The Kumbha Mela takes place every four years in rotation at
Haridwar, Prayag (Allahabad), Nasik and Ujjain, according to the
placement of Jupiter in the Zodiac. A modern innovation, there are
also popular half-melas, ardha-kumbhas, every six years at Haridwar
and Prayag. It is at Prayag, where the Yamuna River joins the Ganga,
that the largest number of human beings in history gathered--15
million on February 6, 1989. Haridwar, logistically less convenient,
managed ten million on April 14, 1998. Still, that's five times this
year's two million Muslim pilgrims who journeyed to Mecca for the
Haj, the second largest gathering..."
http://www.hinduismtoday.com/archives/1998/9/1998-9-11.shtml

Now AJ Ji..,what were lead to believe that photo is??

> According to Steve Perino,
> no pundit worth his salt would make the
> claim that would
> insinutate a group of pundits chanting
> Vedic verses could change the course of human
> events....

i won't address poor Sir Lawson Ji until his doctors have screened
him for paranoia & delusional behavior.
But having said that- if indeed that was a "world peace" gathering
in Prayag in 1944(which i am not sayning it was)..
It sadly did not have the desired effect as how many estimated
millions died during Summer 1944 and Summer 1945 in WWII??

How many a-bombs did we drop on Japan in the Summer of 1945?

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: