> Mira Nair did Mississippi Masala and Monsoon Wedding, among
> others
>
> Mira Nair film proposal revives interest in Beatles visit to
> Rishikesh

This almost certainly had to have come from an Indian
source, or it would have mentioned that she's also the
director of Kama Sutra. It's one of the loveliest films
ever, but was not received well in India (and in fact
was prevented from being shown there in many locations).

Fascinating to me that the country that invented the
Kama Sutra is too prudish to deal with a film that
has the same title and shows a little nudity. (Actually,
it's the cross-caste sex that was probably taboo for them.)

And re Shemp's suggestion that Kama Sutra was
"soft-core porn," that comment reflects his
attitude towards sex, not the film's.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: