In a message dated 11/1/06 8:14:16 P.M. Central Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
I see an apology here though insincere. Clearly, Kerry
> can not apologize for what he accuses the republicans
> of doing,

Of course he can, since it was what he said that
they willfully distorted.

> only blame them. The fact that
> Kerry has to point the finger of blame at the Republicans
> for something he said

It wasn't what he said, it was what the Republicans
dishonestly claimed he meant.

> shows a lack of sincerity from his part.
The Republicans didn't distort anything. Kerry's words were very obvious if you ever heard them. They were repeated many times. Had Republicans edited the tape you might have a point. Only after what he said blew up in his face, in the media, did he say it was a botched joke. He should have had an apology ready right then, but refused and he waited too long, with too many of his own party members demanding he apologize publicly, today.