Comment below:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Marek Reavis" <reavismarek@>
> wrote:
> >
> > Also, "Step Into Liquid".
> >
> > Does anyone on this list surf?  I'm planning on learning this
> winter,
> > once I get my sports glasses.
> >
> > **
> By the time I could devote any time to it I was in my 40's and so I
> boogie board instead, which is good for California, since the surf
> breaks here much faster than say Hawaii meaning you can get a
decent
> ride from a boogie board but not worth it for surfing. Boogie
boarding
> also accomodates surf conditions (smaller and steeper waves, choppy
> surf) that don't work so well with a surfboard.

**End**

Yeah, I've considered the boogie board (and ocean kayaking, too) but
surfing has always been (for me, at least) such an iconic mixture of
California, nature, grace, strength, as well as sprirituality; so
much so that I'm compelled to try it.

Circumstances have organized themselves such that I'm in northern
California, right on the ocean, and the surfing community is
eclectic, laid-back, and encompassing a wide age-range including my
own (50s and 60s and even older than that).  Seems too good of an
opportunity to turn down.

Plus there are some awesome beaches up here with beautiful surf.  The
biggest problems are the cold water and sharks.  I'm hoping that one
more little pinniped-like creature in the sea (me) won't be noticed
by any of the big ones.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: