Sorry I must have misread.  This shows as a root topic okay.  We're
agreed then.  Good to have some company on the thread hijacking theme.
Then we have MDixon who replies to a topic by starting a new one though
with the same subject.  ;-)

new.morning wrote:
> I have twice now said, including the original suggestion, that I am
> talking about copying an old thread over to a NEW thread, by POSTING a
> new thread, and creating a new Subject.
>
> Did the above new Subject show up as a new thread in your browser? It
> is showing up as a new Subject in the on-line browser.
>

> Re: [FairfieldLife] Re: Updating and Creating Relevant Subject Headings
>
> authfriend wrote:
>
>> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> <reavismarek@>

>> would

>>> No, please start a fresh new topic than hijacking an old one.
>>>

>> I think that's what he's talking about.
>>
>> It's cumbersome to do on the Web site, though. You
>> have to first hit Reply to get the original post with
>> quote prefixes, then Select All, then Copy, then Cancel,
>> then click Start Topic at the upper right, then Paste
>> the quoted post, respond, and give it a new subject
>> heading.
>>
> No, what he says to do buries the new topic in the thread. You want the
> new topic to appear if on the web site you select "Group by Topic" and
> it won't if you just replace the subject. If you're going to start a
> new topic and want to quote something from another topic then just
> select the text, select Copy from your browser or Ctrl-C and then Paste
> from the browser or Ctrl-V into your new message. I'm sure you know
> this but this is for those who don't.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: