I enjoyed reading "Dilbert" creator Scott Adams' observations on electronic
voting.

http://tinyurl.com/v3pun

An excerpt:

"I think about the history of ATMs when I hear all the nervous Nellies wetting
their pants
over electronic voting machines. I believe those worries are totally misplaced.
Now don't
get me wrong – there's a 100% chance that the voting machines will get hacked
and all
future elections will be rigged.  But that doesn't mean we'll get a worse
government. It
probably means that the choice of the next American president will be taken out
of the
hands of deep-pocket, autofellating, corporate shitbags and put it into the
hands of some
teenager in Finland. How is that not an improvement?"

http://tinyurl.com/v3pun

--- Peter wrote:

> --- Bhairitu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Bhairitu wrote:
> > > Heads up if you have HBO as tonight they will be
> > showing "Hacking
> > > Democracy" their documentary on voting machine
> > fraud that Diebold has
> > > tried to keep them from showing.  :)
> > >
> > > Check your local listings but it is on at 9 PM
> > here.
> > >
> > The documentary is excellent and recommended
> > watching.  It repeats
> > Monday evening.  It is very easy to throw an
> > election just by a simple
> > trick to the memory cards before they are used.  We
> > should probably
> > ditch electronic voting until society is mature
> > enough to use it.
>
> I saw it last night. It's very disturbing. There's
> executable code in the memory card. Diebold claims
> there's not, but it's in all the cards that they've
> checked. This means you can change the total vote
> ratio prior to voting but the total will always be the
> same. The mind boggling thing is that you'd think
> Diebold would be falling all over itself correcting
> this with the utmost transparency. But they're not.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: