--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Patrick Gillam" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> 1. A Fairfield friend and former MIU classmate
> whom I admire for his level-headedness thinks
> this latest round of activity in Fairfield and
> Vedic City is the real thing. "I really think this
> is the center of the universe," he said. I hope
> for the sake of his business he's right. (He
> develops real estate.)
>
> 2. Another Fairfield friend and jyotishi says
> Maharishi cleverly timed the arrival of the
> pundits to coincide with major planetary
> transitions that of themselves will bring
> noticeable changes. Saturn just transited
> into Scorpio, which is not so great, but
> Jupiter has gone into Aquarius, which
> apparently is a good place for Jupiter.
> And next week, Ketu (or was it Rahu?)
> transits into someplace good. As a result,
> the word will see big changes, some of
> them desirable, regardless of what people
> do. But those of us still tied to the notion
> of man's agency will ascribe the changes
>  to superradiance and the pundits.

Hope springs eternal.  I dug up the email of a TMO TB who made a
living being the third or fourth in the list of authors of books which
made at most the Almost Noticeable Selling list I met while on a very
extended stint of CCP some years ago.  I sent him an email to share my
joy of recent gifts from Nature as I was a memorable grump and
naysayer while on CCP and residing in VC.  I was shocked to receive an
email on very professional looking stationary highlighting his book
which made the Adequate Selling list, his website, his Ph.D. (he never
listed that before) and his address.  He's moved to California.

Typical, I thought.  The world is flat and ends at the borders of
Jefferson County, IA.  Make the money you need, sell your condo near
campus, drive over the edge the Earth and never come back.  Still a TB
he told me that people were having verified Unity experiences on The
Invincibility Course and MMY calls each day to listen to and comment
on experiences.  /I/ would love it.  /I/ should go. I explained that
though I work from home I need real broadband for my VOIP and VPN into
company networks and I don't trust the TMO's assurance that they have
such in a business center on campus.  My experience has always been
that having both running water and toilet paper on campus at the same
time was a rarity I've gotten used to expecting from the TMO.  I told
him he should go instead of me.  He assured me that Lisco now offers
true broadband.  But I have monthly yagnas and I can't travel more
than 50 miles (though I fly out to meet with clients).  Good enough
excuse for me though.

What you say, I wish it were true and comes to pass.  I'm new here.
Isn't the TMer population of Jefferson County still decreasing?

> 3. My chiropractor uses muscle testing to
> rank the efficacy of a given supplement or
> program on a scale of 10, 10 being worth
> doing and anything less being a waste of
> time. I finally asked him to rank TM for me.
> He said it's a seven on the plus side, with a
> "negative three aspect." This notion of a
> negative aspect was new to me. When I
> asked what it meant, he said TM's mantras
> are Hindu gods that sap some energy from
> people using the mantras, hence the user
> gets some good but pays some price. He
> said just about any Indian practice is going
> to have this characteristic. My doctor said
> last year TM had a negative two aspect, but
> lately the price of practice is going up - the
> mantras are taking more from their users.

I had no respect for Chiropractic up until I read this.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: