--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, bob_brigante <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, new.morning <no_reply@>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, bob_brigante <no_reply@>

> > <no_reply@>

> > Bush
> > jyotish

> > results,

> > > I disagree. Popular programs, such as PL or GJoyotish, can be
> great
> > > tools. But they hardly provided a considered, textured, nuanced,
> > > integrated, reading of a chart.
> >

> > new morning is right, Bob.  No computer program can
> > possibly give you a good chart *reading*, any more
> > than a cookbook can give you a good apple pie.
> >

> **********
>
> Parashara's Light is set up to call up sections of works by (natch)
> Parashara and other sages of Jyotish that apply to the individual's
> chart. In any event, I referenced (in a very limited way, just
> referring to planets in houses, in order to show that even an
> elementary analysis of Bush's chart fits the circumstances of his
> character and life well) the Braha book which does assign values to
> the chart placements. Although doing all the readings possible from a
> chart would be difficult for a newbie because of all the things you
> need to learn, there is absolutely no intuitional input needed from
> the Jyotishi -- each placement and condition of the chart(s) can be
> linked to a section of the works by Parashara, Garga, Jaimini, and
> other Vedic sages. A good recipe, which the vision of the sages of
> Jyotish provides, certainly does produce a good pie -- any good,
> thorough recipe would do that.

I think we basically agree. I am not talking about any intuitive
input. (Though I know that is another jyotish path, valid, IMO).

i am saying that no software to date integrates all the factors for
one planet or housem including natal, transits and vargas . Much less,
then interates all the "integrated" planets and houses into a
comprehensive yet integrated coherent reading.

That takes some knowledge, analytical skill, and experience--
feedback/calibration as to what the jyotish texts translate into in
modern life.

I like PL, but have not upgraded ins some time. For my needs. I like
Goravani Jyotish better. (

Though I am not actively doing any jyotish for some time -- until the
last few days. (What graha just grabed me?!) :)

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: