--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "coulsong2001" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajranatha@> wrote:
>
> <snip - discussion about how many meditation studies Lawson and Vaj
> have read>
>
> > It's absolutely immaterial "how many", what is most important is
> that
> > there is no bias and that the researchers understand the spectrum
> of
> > meditation practice, not merely a single, isolated brand or
> technique
> > they are (in violation of a *true* null hypothesis) trying to
> > forward. Suffice to say I am able to access a huge number of
> studies
> > most people would never see unless they were privy to specialized
> > journals, so therefore I read a lot more than your average person,
> on
> > a monthly basis.
>
> I'm intrigued about these specialized journals that are apparently
> only available to a select few people!
>
> Are these journals actually *secret*?? If not, I'd be interested in
> being pointed to two or three of them. If so, I think we can
> disregard any claim they might make to scientific credibility.

I use pubmed to search for articles:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/

 It doesn't collect everything, such as presentations at cnoferences or
doctoral
dissertations, but it catches most stuff out there, IMHO.

You can also use http://google.scholar.com to find not-yet-publshed stuff.

The pubmed database search engine searches a huge number of journals. Any
credible
journal that is considered "peer reviewed" in the field of medicine or human
biology,
basically. They even search the online-only journals! 4800 journals, total,
with 10s of
millions of articles.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query/static/overview.html#PubMed%20Journal%
20Information

If a journal doesn't get tracked in pubmed, it is probably because no-one takes
it
seriously. Examples of journals that don't appear in pubmed searches include
MUM's own
"Modern Science and Vedic Science."

Here's the complete list of pubmed searchable journals. It takes a while to
download, so
be advised:

ftp://ftp.ncbi.nih.gov/pubmed/J_Medline.txt