> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Marek Reavis" <reavismarek@>
> wrote:
> >
> > Living well is the best revenge.
>
> That is really the secret.
>
> Yesterday we saw a concerted effort by a couple of
> people to *bring down* the level of the group to
> their level, the level of anger and spite and fear
> and constant argumentation and constant attempts
> to "prove" many people here "wrong" and them "right."

Actually, what we saw yesterday was a concerted
effort by several people, including moi, to figure
out a way to stop the constant baiting by a few
other people, primarily of TM supporters by TM
critics.

Some first steps are already being taken along
those lines.

> And the *reaction* to that effort, by at least a
> few people here, was to treat *them* as a non-
> sequitur and get back to appreciating the shiny
> moments in their day.
>
> So much of the TM movement, and of other spiritual
> movements, is about "selling futures." And people
> *buy* this shit. They go around saying things like
> "Life will be good when X happens." "The world will
> be at peace when Y happens." "I'll be enlightened
> when Z happens." And y'know what...if you watch
> the posts of the people who believe this and say
> this, and the mindstates behind them, X Y and Z
> never seem to happen, do they? Do you remember
> Judy or Lawson *ever* having written a post about
> how beautiful and fulfilling their day was?

Can't speak for Lawson, but when I have a beautiful
and fulfilling day, my instinct is not to run to
this group, of *all* places, to share it, for
reasons that should be obvious.

<snip>