> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, off_world_beings <no_reply@>
wrote:

> > Where's that yogic flying video I saw where they showed an
> > accomplished gymnast trying it by effort alone, and saying that
there
> > was something to it, because he found it so hard?
> >
> > Anyone know where that is? Is it on YouTube?
> >
> > OffWorld
> >

> http://youtube.com/watch?v=KOW2wIFhioo

Looks to me as though the poor gymnasts are trying
to hop on a mat, not on foam.  The mat's nice and
thick, but it isn't resilient.

Not only can't they get any lift, but they're
having to use some of their energy to keep from
landing too hard, so they can't get up any
momentum from hop to hop.

I'd love to see them try it on our foam, and I'd
also love to see the yogic flyers try it on the
gymnasts' mat.  I'm guessing there'd still be a
difference, but it wouldn't be nearly so stark.