> --- sparaig <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Marek Reavis"
> > <reavismarek@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Peter, a really excellent discussion and
> > explication on the subject.
> > > Thanks.
> >
> > And completely bogus, even illegal, given he's
> > giving medical advice that goes against
> > specific medical advice that has been given to
> > someone I know.
>
> My intent is not to give any sort of medical or
> psychological advice to anyone in this newsgroup. In
> my experience and professional opion there are some
> people that should not practice TM. This is not the
> end of the world nor some sort of negative assessment
> of TM. TM is not good for psychotic people to
> practice. It will make them more psychotic. There are
> many other things they can do to reduce their level of
> psychosis, but TM is not one of them.

Of course, what is "psychotic?" I know someone who takes anti-psychotic
medication
because it is the only thing that touches his self-destructive behavior
associated with his
severe anxiety disorder. He even reports occassionally "hearing voices" that
tell him to do
self destructive things like cut himself or hit his head against the wall. I
have worked very
carefully with his psychiatrist and his counselor concerning TM because of the
very issue
that you raise, and both agree that FOR HIM, TM seems to reduce the symptoms,
rather
than increase them, so they recommend that he continue his TM practice even
though *I*
was the one who pointed out the potential issues to THEM.