> On Nov 28, 2006, at 4:29 PM, sparaig wrote:
>
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajranatha@> wrote:

> >> Not only have I, I was a successful hopper.

> >> Pranayama in it's deeper sense is a yama or pause--a gap--in the
> >> breath, that often coincides with Pure Consciousness. If this gap
> >> does not occur, even briefly in a flash, the prana can never
have the
> >> door it needs to "hop".
> >
> > So it is "prana" that is hopping, rather than the body? The
prana
> > is what is important rather
> > than pure consciousness? YFers hopping about stabilizes prana
but
> > doesn't stabilize pure
> > consciousness?
>
> No it is not prana "hopping", it's the side effect of prana
entering
> the muladhara-chakra and what happens when it "touches" apana-
vayu.
> That's all.
>
> That's not to say that prana is not important...
>

> > Where's the research on breath suspension using Buddhist
meditation
> > techniques, BTW?
>

> Was I supposed to be looking for some?

Lawson's asked you numerous times, and you've
evaded the question each time.

> A teacher of mine did some casual experiment though

That's all, a casual experiment??  After you've been
boasting about research on Buddhist meditation techniques
forever?

> and I was impressed. In the longer "pauses" it's not so
> much a "pause" as it is a very, very long in and out-breath.

Ooopsie.  Or maybe it wasn't even a casual
experiment by a friend of yours.

Hilarious.  You forgot where you read about this.
It's one of the findings of the research on breath
suspension during TM.  Lawson has mentioned it
several times.

No wonder you haven't given Lawson any cites.