Sunday night, December 9

On Sunday evening, Martha "Rugged"  Clabaugh (her nickname from early in her
life) passed away peacefully in her home in Fairfield. Hinton was with her
at the time. She was 93 years old. I spoke by phone with Hinton late this
evening. Along with natural sadness at her passing, Jane and he are both
experiencing a strong sense of peace and bliss.

Rugged was a remarkable person. She was a regular TM practitioner for
several decades and continued regular practice to the end of her life. As
someone who was fortunate enough to have spent time with her on my visits to
Fairfield from 1994-2003 and especially in the past 3 years after I moved
here, I can attest to her enormous purity of heart and her gentle, loving,
playful spirit. Her many fine qualities were always present even as her body
slowed down in the last years of her life. During the past several years,
both Hinton, who lived with Rugged, and Jane have been incredibly devoted to
taking care of their mother and making sure that she lived in an atmosphere
of loving support.

No memorial service is planned at this time, but if you wish to send a note
of condolence to Hinton and/or Jane, I am sure that it would be appreciated.
I am sending this e-mail to everyone I know who might know either Hinton or
Jane, but please feel free to share this message with anyone you know who
would be friendly with them.

Here is their contact info:

Hinton Clabaugh

904 E. Madison Av.