Jim, still pissed off while claiming he's not:

> I'm beginning to think that since they both now grow their
> spiritual roots in the medium of a failed tradition (Tibetan
> Buddhism), *all* traditions are then seen as failed.

Not at all. I can't speak for Vaj, but I view *all*
spiritual traditions, both current and of the past,
as JUST OPINION. Therefore I view Tibetan Buddhism
as JUST OPINION as well. Some of its OPINIONs I agree
with, some I don't. Big whoop.

> Seeing the world through x colored glasses, and all that.

Better my color glasses than those worn by someone who
would seriously suggest that TM 1) eliminates suffering
and 2) creates world peace, and present that as if it
were established fact.

I would say instead, "Some TMers are of the OPINION
that TM 1) eliminates suffering and 2) creates world
peace. They hold this OPINION despite the rather obvious
fact that the world has never been at peace, and despite
the equally obvious fact that the vast majority (and
probably more than that, given the numbers of people
who have stopped practicing TM) have not eliminated
their suffering." Then I would say, "It's perfectly fine
for Jim to believe this, as his OPINION. When he starts
claiming it as fact, then he's crossed the line into
at best solipcism and at worst fanaticism."