On Dec 11, 2006, at 12:35 PM, TurquoiseB wrote:

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jim_flanegin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, TurquoiseB <no_reply@> wrote:
On the one side of it you're

just an Ordinary Joe with an OPINION. On the other side
(the one you're on currently), you're a fanatic.

Let's go a step further, and admit that all you have said is neither
incorrect nor correct, and all that Vaj has stated is neither
incorrect or correct, and that it is ALL opinion. Even the socalled
traditions hold merely opinions. That to say TM is a false path is
opinion. That to say it is a valid path is opinion. My opinion
remains that Tibetan Buddhism is at least a failed tradition.

Now THAT I can live with. Can you?

Sure.

I wouldn't fall for it so easily B. The current situation was predicted not only centuries ago, but also decades before the current invasion. The on-coming invasion was reiterated in the early 1900's, but the Tibetans, realizing it would raise their taxes, refused to amass and/or train armies to protect against the on-coming invasion.

And so, the fulfillment of a prophecy came to pass in our generation:

“When the iron bird flies, and horses run on wheels, the Tibetan people will be scattered like ants across the world, and the Dharma will come to the land of the red faced people”

A failure? LOL, I'd say it's been a great success, much like the dying dandelion which casts it's seeds to the four winds. It did not die--it spread like wildfire.

It's sad we could not see a similar trend in Hindu dharma. Newspaper reports declare that the Vedic life style is actually vanishing, not merely being displaced and Kashmir has lost 350,000 pundit families. The last living master of their tradition, the beautiful and marvelous Trika, has died. He did pass part of this tradition on to an avaricious businessman named Mahesh Varma who begged him for it, surely he'll save this tradition?

But no, not even a billionaire renunciate could save the Trika. But then perhaps the market was not right?