> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "suziezuzie" <msilver1951@>
wrote:

> > Can anyone recommend a nice version of the Mahabharata, not all
18
> > volumns, a condensed version, but not to short either, like
around
> > about a 1000 pages. I just bought this version by Krishna Dharma
and it
> > turns out that he's a Vaihnava Priest in England who wrote his
book  in
> > the manner of a bakti novel. What does the TM movement recommend
for
> > authors or has anyone found something more in the Vedanta vein?
Thanks.
> > Markbaktivaishnavananda
> >

> Have you seen the movie?
>
> Seriously, I haven't, but perhaps that would make it accessable (if
it is any good).

> Why, specifically, are you interested in this?

Reading the whole book is fantastic and well worth it. If you read a
summary, all you get is a war story. The whole book is online:

http://www.bharatadesam.com/spiritual/mahabharata/index.php

I read this edition in print many years ago, at the rate of a few
pages a day, took me about a year to read. All Vedic knowledge is
here in the frame-tale of a war story, in order to attract the
tamasic tastes of people in the Kaliyuga.