--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "dhamiltony2k5"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > And if the Dalai Lama had been as quick
> > to abandon his principles as Maharishi has been over the
> > years, I'm sure that he (the Dalai Lama) would not be the
> > laughingstock he is considered worldwide, whereas Maharishi
> > is universally revered and respected.
>
> Good satire Turq.  Good thot full comparison.
>
> I have been out traveling from FF to spiritual places out West and
> recently out East, and it is informative to hear people in reaction
> to Maharishi when you go other places.
>
> Very aware of his money grubbing TMorg aquisitive ways of the last
> couple of decades.  But that MMY dropped off the radar screen
> generally and had become inconsequential.  Past tense.

I used to live in Santa Fe, New Mexico, a hotbed for
*anything* spiritual or Newagey. So naturally there
was a market for spiritual satire as well. Thus there
was a short article that appeared in one of the papers
there a few years ago that listed "The Most Embarrassing
Spiritual Teachers To Have To Admit You Studied With."
It was pretty hilarious. Suffice it to say that the
author felt it was considerably hipper to have studied
with Rajneesh or Maharaj-Ji than Maharishi. MMY was in
the same grouping as Pat Robertson.

> Most people do not know much of anything about FF or TM, mostly
> blank.

Yup. *I* wouldn't have known anything about the neat
aspects of Fairfield if it hadn't been for this group.

> But folks who do,they do want to know 'what is going on ??'
> in FF. Mostly appalled by what they know. But some intriqued
> by the pundit thing w/ lots of Associated Press articles in
> the last weeks provisioned by the TMorg pr-department.
>
> In travel I also visited with some folks from South Carolina
> who started an open silent group meditation this last year
> for folks generally, regardless of meditation.  They have
> found it to be very powerful and well appreciated and attended.

That's great to hear. I would imagine that their names
are toast within the TM movement itself.

> Their comment is that of the folks generally who have been
> longterm practitioners of spiritual practice meditation,
> often it is the old tm-er's who kept at it. Lesser some
> buddhists. Folk's usual distillation is, MMY gave people
> a lot with TM but went corrupt somewhere.  Oh well, so it
> is out in the world.

And here in cyberspace...