--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, bob_brigante <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Friday Wall Street Journal
>
> http://tinyurl.com/vg74a
>
> "There's all this forced cheer at Christmastime that we're all so
> sick of, so it makes sense that there's a rebellion," says Maud
> Lavin, editor of "The Business of Holidays" and professor of
visual
> and critical arts at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago.
For
> Ms. Lavin, the idea of a Bad Santa evokes photos of children
sitting
> on a mall employee's lap and crying hysterically in fear. "Of all
the
> things that were forced on us during the holidays, he's the one
that
> could actually be scary."
>
> Mo Donahue, owner of Party Crashers Entertainment in Minneapolis,
got
> the inspiration five years ago, when, in desperation, she hired an
> unfamiliar actor for a holiday party. He showed up in a sulky,
> unprofessional mood, and guests complained afterward that he
wouldn't
> even say "ho, ho, ho." "They kept referring to him as this surly
> Santa," Ms. Donahue says. "And I thought, 'That could be a really
> funny idea.'"
>
> In 2002, Ms. Donahue began offering a Bad Santa for singing
telegrams
> and party visits. It was slow to catch on the first year, she
says,
> but since then about one-third of her Santa bookings each holiday
> season have been deliberately cranky characters. Her Bad Santa,
whose
> services start at $110 for 15 minutes, sings Christmas carols with
> unprintable lyrics, breaks down in tears or perhaps throws gifts
> across the room. Clients decide ahead of time how shocking they
want
> his behavior to be. The company also offers a "trophy bride" Mrs.
> Claus in a fur-trimmed red minidress and a blond wig. "It has to
be
> the right crowd," says Ms. Donahue.

I TOTALLY LOVE CHRISTMAS BUT I CAN RELATE TO THIS.
I was relieved to read that other families have fights over
decorating the Christmas tree.
I begged my kids to not fight this year blah blah, but after
flipping a coin for who got to pick the tree this year etc
I was singing
to the tune of "rockin around the christmas tree"
"fighting around the christmas tree have a rotten holiday"
and to the tune of
"I'll be home for christmas"
"Buy me a gun for christmas, shoot me in the head blah blah blah
blah blah blah blah, I wish that I were dead"
I keep threatening to put coal in the stockings and buy myself a
face lift instead of buying the kids presents, but i always cop out.