On Dec 21, 2006, at 8:52 AM, TurquoiseB wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Sal Sunshine <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Well I always wondered why they took such a great movement,
>> with so many devoted followers, and pretty much totally
>> wrecked it.  As Marek pointed out, now, even when they
>> introduce something that might be of value, the motivations
>> are so suspect that most of us don't even bother.
>
> That's the thing that's striking me lately. The TMO
> keeps enforcing these policies that would *deny*
> TMers and teachers the supposed benefits of being
> a "member in good standing" of the TM movement.
>
> But as far as I can tell, there aren't any.

Bingo.

> When was the last time anything was offered that was
> of interest?

There really hasn't been anything in quite a while.  It's mostly
recycled ideas for the few TBs left.

> Therefore, threatening to declare someone
> anathema and keep them out of the domes or keep them
> from teaching TM (which they can't do anyway without
> paying another $4000 for a course they already took)
> is sorta like being growled at by a toothless lion.

I know there are a few out there still willing to try and teach without
the recert course and are willing to buck the TMO to do it, but I can't
begin to imagine why.  It isn't easy to relate to that kind of devotion
in the face of such massive incompetence.

Sal