--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "suziezuzie" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Was Saddam Hussein on drugs when he was executed? I thought he was
> pretty composed considering a man who was about to be hanged, arguing
> with his executioners and the people who witnessed his last moments.
> Mark

I'm quite sure he was not on drugs -- when a guard praised Moqtada,
Saddam mocked him, and when the guard said "May God damn you," Saddam
said the same to him. He also made the decision not to wear the hood,
but accepted the scarf around his neck in order to keep the rope from
cutting through his neck after the guards tipped him off to this
possibility, so he was alert and clearly not doped up.

graphic footage from cellphone camera:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7532034279766935521