Ardh kumbh mela is presently in progress at Allahabad. A report on foreign
tourists practising  kalpvaas at Ardh Kumbh mela:

  Inside the tents on the banks of river Ganga, as part of the Ardh Kumbh Mela,
is practised a special way of life. Devotees sing bhajans and keertans (hymns)
all day long, eat restricted diet and sleep on the ground.This life philosophy,
called Kalpvaas, is known to be followed only in Prayagraj, the city of
Allahabad.“The main thing is how you can control your psycho or bio system.
After Kalpvas, they feel some balancing of the chemicals,” says Swami Avdhesha
Nand.The popularity of the term, which is not new for the Indian devotee, is
rising among visitors from across the world. Balkrishan, a devotee from England
is practicising Kalpavaas at the Kumbh this time. “We live very simply. And in
that way of living simple we can concentrate more on Krishna, Ganga, Jamuna and
Saraswati,” says Balkrishana.Even Sanak Sanatan who is also from England can
rattle off quotes from books on Kalpvaas.“In order to purify your soul, we
should stay on the banks of Mother Ganga for atleast
 one month,” says Sanak Sanatan.Robert from Poland, who like many visitors to
the Kumbh, had come in search of enlightenment. But he discovered Kalpavaas
instead.“It’s supposed to be austere. But I’m having a lot of fun. It seems
quite hard getting up in the morning. But I accept this. It’s nice being part
of the Indian culture and having the Krishna prasad,” says RobertKumbh is a
motley of different kinds of Kalpvaasis where most of them come in search of
purity of the being. But there are also many others for whom this one month of
tent life is all about picnic, business and missed opportunities getting
rediscovered.

http://www.ibnlive.com/news/tourists-on-spiritual-high-at-kumbh/top/30521-3.html