--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Jonathan Chadwick
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Doug I guess I'm just naive.  I had a great experience at M.I.U.
>but that's 30 years ago now.  I met Hagelin when I was in high
>school and he was still an undergraduate: he's a good guy.  But who
>knows what all has gone on - certainly I don't.  But I'm still
>trying to look for the best in people.  I mean, c'mon - we're from
>Iowa now, for gosh sakes.

Dear Jonathan,  Yes, Iowans. People in Iowa, do have a good sense of
fairplay here.  There has been a lot that has gone under the bridge
and over the dam including some pretty bad behavior since you have
been here 30 years ago.  It actually is a fascinating story.  From
the homepage of FFL scroll down and click on the posts for Jan 2007.
Take a look at the 'index' on the January 1st 2007 posts here on
Fairfieldlife to get a sense for how it has gone here in the years.

The true-believing TMorg with Maharishi is down now to some very
few.  There still are lots of old meditators around here and
Fairfield is now this really wonderful spiritual practice place.
Also take a look at the directory of active spiritual practice groups
in FF.  There is way more going on here now than just TM.  It is a
very special place by vitue of this in the middle of the West.

Iowa has been a great place to grow,

With Kind Regards, -Doug in Fairfield

> dhamiltony2k5 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>           Jonathan it might not be that kind of meeting. Those kind
>of
> movement people might also be asked to a grandjury hearing in a
> discovery of the *disappearred*, preparatory to their indictments
>in
> a crimes against humanity trial. You know, the *disappearred*
> meditators, teachers,governors, citizens, and graduates of the
>TMorg
> and the *disappearred* money... it might be part of a larger
>process
> of 'truth and reconcilliation' on which the foundations of a more
> lasting peace around here might be formed.
>
> Jai Guru Dev, -Doug in FF
>

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Jonathan Chadwick
> <jochadw1@> wrote:
> >
> > In the Spring of 1991, in my then-capacity as Secretary of the
> Board of Higher Education and Campus Ministry of the Iowa
Conference
> of the United Methodist Church, I organized a luncheon "dialogue"
> meeting between M.I.U. senior adminstrators and faculty, headed up
by
> Lenny Goldman, and select Fairfield-area mainline Christian clergy,
> including the Senior Minister of the 1000-member First U.M.C. in
> Fairfield as well as the Ottumwa District Superintendent of the
> U.M.C. It went very, very well. After lunch David Orme-Johnson
> shook my hand and told me "you come back anytime." The Ottumwa
D.S.,
> [...]
> coming of "Heaven on Earth." There is I think alot more potential
in
> Fairfield for this sort of thing than many people
> > realize. Good luck!
> >
> > dhamiltony2k5 <dhamiltony2k5@> wrote: <paste>
> >
> > Creating A Deeper Experience of Community: A Structured
> Conversation
> >
> > A group of us have been meeting weekly for several months to
> discuss
> > what we can do to create a deeper experience of community in our
> own
> > lives here in Fairfield. On Saturday, January 20, we will host
> > a "structured conversation" to enrich this discussion using a
> process
> > called Appreciative Inquiry (AI). This free event, which will run
> > from 9:30 to 12 noon, and 1 to 2 pm (optional), will also serve
as
> an
> > introduction to the AI process.
> >
> > Appreciative Inquiry is a transformational process that has been
> used
> > by communities and organizations to create positive change; it
> > connects people and generates the positive energy and inspiration
> > necessary for change by facilitating conversations about the best
> of
> > what is and has been, and then determining how to create more
what
> is
> > valued and desired.
> >
> > As an example, in our application of Appreciative Inquiry, we
will
> be
> > engaging in a conversation about our best experiences of
community
> as
> > a basis for investigating and discovering what creates these
kinds
> of
> > experiences, and looking at how we can create more of them.
> >
> > The event is being co-organized by Eric Randall and Kevin Cook
and
> > facilitated by Steve Cooperman. Steve has facilitated the
> > Appreciative Inquiry process in communities, schools, businesses,
> and
> > government, including British Airways, City of Waco, City of
> Dubuque,
> > Arizona Department of Education, Insight Direct, Phoenix Girls
> > Chorus, and Altadena Middle School (Ahwatukee, AZ).
> >
> > Because seating is limited, please RSVP by Wednesday, January 17.
> > RSVP or for more information, email community@
> > or call Steve at 472-0444.
> >
> > More on Appreciative Inquiry:
> > The Appreciative Inquiry process was developed by Dr. David
> > Cooperrider and his associates at Case Western in the mid-
> seventies,
> > approach, which is based on identifying the problem and analyzing
> the
> > causes. Cooperrider noticed in his work as an organizational
> > consultant that this approach was generating a lot of
defensiveness