> On Jan 20, 2007, at 7:37 PM, wgm4u wrote:
>
> > Just wondering if the 'tradition' starts with MMY. :-)
>
> Manasika-japa, mental use of mantra, is an ubiquitous meditation
> technique across India for millenia. The only difference with TM is
> you are only given a small piece of the whole teaching and instead
of
> being given a mantra of your beloved, "what you get is what you get".

The practice of TM is a hologramatic structure of knowledge, so that
we receive a piece of it, but that piece has within it all of the
components of the complete structure needed to lead us to our
enlightenment. In this way, practice eventually makes perfect,
directly attributable to the purity of the piece of knowledge we
intially receive.