From: Marek Reavis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, January 17, 2007 2:59:28 PM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Hey, was Guru Dev in CC or GC or UC???? Acording
to MMY-CC!

Comment below:

**

**snip**

> I suspect one can experience *any* emotion, strong or
> otherwise, in enlightenment, because the emotion *is*
> enlightenment, as is everything else the enlightened
> being experiences. The Self need not be "overwhelmed"
> to experience any part of what is, essentially, itSelf.
> The histories of supposedly-enlightened saints in
> almost all spiritual traditions (including Hinduism)
> are *full* of stories of them displaying strong
> emotions -- of bhakti or compassion or whatever.
>
> Emotions come and go. That is their nature, and the
> nature of having a body.

**snip to end**

Nicely put.  If you read or listen to any of the supposedly-
enlightened saints (including Maharishi when he's not trying to
promote some program or project) the message consistently is that
Enlightenment Is (and never isn't).  Ignorance is merely the denial
of reality. Nothing changes (when there's awakening) except the
realization of what already Is.

If you mistakenly believe that you've mislaid your eyeglasses, even
while you're wearing them, when you realize where they "are", does
your vision suddenly improve?  Or do you just relax and appreciate
what is present before you.