--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Archer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [...]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> On Behalf Of hugheshugo
> Sent: Monday, January 22, 2007 10:37 AM
> To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Random Event Generators Predict the
Future

> An interesting idea, I did write to them after the TMO's
> "dubrovnik peace project" in 1999 to see if there was a
> corrolation between our supposed "coherence" and their
> data but there wasn't. Which says something about us, or
> them, or us and them!
>
> I also would question whether an Oprah Winfrey special
> would count as a major world event.
>
> After getting burned by the James Fry "Million Little Pieces"
> fiasco, Oprah's staff is probably doing their homework more
> diligently. TM wouldn't get on.

Um, the Frey book is such a vastly different sort
of situation, I doubt you can extrapolate.  She
might well have Lynch on, for example.

In any case, I'm not sure why you think hugheshugo
was referring to a hypothetical Oprah Winfrey special
on TM.  He was questioning the "random event" researchers'
assumption that an Oprah Winfrey special (topic not
specified) would qualify as a major world event.