> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "peterklutz" <peterklutz@>
> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <noozguru@> wrote:
> <snip>
> > > Reread what I said: "impeach them."  That includes Cheney.
> > > Investigations will be starting and they may well lead to that
> > > end.  I don't want to see these clowns leave offices without
> > > paying for their crimes.
> >
> > Bhairatu: just out of curiosity - at what price to the world?
> >
> > If there's a slight chance that Cheney/GWB administration just might
> > save the world from themselves (i.e. the US) - why frustrate this by
> > indulging in pity vengeance?
> >
> > I suppose this thread could also be re-titled: Highest Justice -
> > Highest Injustice.
> >
> > Do you think have it in your heart(s) to let go of the dark feelings
> > and focus on the faint positives that just might be emerging?
>

> "The President is merely the most important among a large number of
> public servants. He should be supported or opposed exactly to the
> degree which is warranted by his good conduct or bad conduct, his
> efficiency or inefficiency in rendering loyal, able, and
> disinterested service to the Nation as a whole.
>
> "Therefore it is absolutely necessary that there should be full
> liberty to tell the truth about his acts, and this means that it is
> exactly necessary to blame him when he does wrong as to praise him
> when he does right. Any other attitude in an American citizen is both
> base and servile.
>
> "To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or
> that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only
> unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American
> public. Nothing but the truth should be spoken about him or any one
> else. But it is even more important to tell the truth, pleasant or
> unpleasant, about him than about any one else."
>
> --Theodore Roosevelt, 1918

Reflections..

(1) So, as a reply to a particular contemporary issue without
precedence you invoke a dead guy rambling in general?

Interesting.

(2) What exactly is your point?

(3) Speaking your mind and heart is one thing.

The question is: which will be better for the world - given the
momenta at large, momenta that are increasing in speed and momentum as
we write: (a) to paralyze an American president who, notwithstanding
his IQ and past errors, just might be about to do the right thing? Or
(b) to let this president sort out his own mess?