Yeah, i kind of agree with Rick here.  Would be an easy improvement
to the quality of life fo some here.

i do not want to get in the way of your issue but really? <"At that
level of
traffic we will be beginning to have long term hearing loss in the
entire community. The sound levels of 110 to 120 db can be heard at
that level to one mile away from the tracks.">

However, that claim seems to defy newtonian physics.  But you might
have something on the psychic spiritual level we don't.  There is no
practical way someone standing on the square or in front of the
library is suffering hearing loss from a train.  At that distance it
just sounds quaint.  You're starting to sound like the TMorg when you
claim like that.  I'm sure there is some peer-review research you can
pull on though.

-D in FF

--- In
FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "tomandcindytraynoratfairfieldlis"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Rick Archer writes:
> For me it's not a TM issue. If TMers are pushing it, that's
> coincidental. Or maybe they're fussy. I don't care. Train whistles
are
> not a life or death issue for me. I just think that silencing them
> would be one more thing which would enhance the quality of life
here.
> Of course, if we wait long enough and alternative energies really
take
> off, so that we stop burning coal,there will be very few trains
coming
> through, so the issue will be moot.
>
> Tom T:
> from my side it appears that when this issue first came up we were
> getting the same old 12 to 15 trains a day thru FF. THis past year
we
> were at 58 trains a day with that total to go to 130+ this year.
With