I heard the scientist who did the study on NPR  He had chosen people
who were already religious because he felt that they would be able to
handle the awareness shift better.  I think that skews the results a
bit but I am happy to see experiments with hallucinogens again.   I
think this is an important area to understand mystical experiences.
Tim Leary F'ed it up for the rest of us by turning his research into a
party.