Guidelines File 12/22/05

Fairfield Life averages 75-150 posts a day; 300+ on peak days. To avoid having
your inbox flooded, we suggest one of the following:

1) Opt to receive the emails, but create a folder in your email client and a
rule to direct all FFL posts to that folder.

2) Choose the "no emails" option and read FFL in your browser.

3) Opt to receive the daily digest.

4) Create another email account solely for FFL posts. Yahoo and Google now give
free 2Gb accounts.

5) Download another email client, such as Mozilla Thunderbird
(http://www.mozilla.com/thunderbird/) and use it just for FFL.

6) You can also read FFL posts at
http://www.mail-archive.com/fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com/. Some say this is
faster than the Yahoo groups interface, and prefer it because it allows sorting
by thread and has a better search function.

8) In order to prevent a repeat of the incident in which apparently, a
malicious member uploaded some x-rated photos and then notified Yahoo that our
chat had x-rated photos, thus causing our temporary reclassification to the
adult category, we have limited all members to read-only access for files,
photos, links, database, and calendar. If you would like to upload something,
please notify Gullible Fool ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) or Rick ([EMAIL PROTECTED]).
We'll then temporarily lift the limitation, and impose it again after you're
finished. Sorry for the inconvenience.

9) Our Files section is usually full. If you want to upload something, send it
to [EMAIL PROTECTED] It will be uploaded to http://alex.natel.net/ffl/. We'll
occasionally move the "best" material from there to FFL, and may archive some
FFL stuff there.

------------------

Check out http://www.frappr.com/fairfieldlife and add yourself if you feel like
it.

------------------

1) This group has long maintained a thoughtful and considerate tone. Please
refrain from personal attacks, insults and excessive venting. "Speak the truth
that is sweet" is a worthy aspiration. If angry, take some time to gain
composure before writing or pushing the send button.

2) Edit your posts and make them as concise and non-repetitive as possible.

3) Please be highly selective in quoting a message to which you are responding,
deleting all but the most relevant portions of the prior posts. This makes the
daily digest easier to read for those who subscribe to it.

4) Try to make clear to the reader if you are writing from the perspective of
personal experience, from information gained from teachers or books, from your
own thoughts, reasoning, logic or conjecture. Please cite sources where
relevant.

5) Reference prior posts by their archive number whenever possible.

6) Anonymous posts are permitted, using an account you create.

7) FFL is a newsgroup public forum. FFL can be openly read from the web.
Posting privileges are through membership only. Material published to FFL is
not privileged or protected by law. Material published to FFL might be quoted
and used elsewhere.

8) Make cross-posts from other sites only as they are highly relevant to this
group. If you think another site has great value, write one post saying so,
then let others join or go to that site on their own, at their discretion.

9) Only post links to other sites that are relevant references to the specific
discussion at hand.

10) While friendly exchange between friends is natural, try to pass on personal
messages via personal e-mail, refraining where possible from sending personal
messages to the whole list.

11) Feel to invite your friends to join FFL, and to use the site's Promote
feature on your websites. The broader the personal network, the greater the
value to all.  Friends may now access the posts of FFL directly off the home
page without having to join the list.

12) Please don't post commercial announcements in the main message area. See
the Database, Links and Files sections for folders that have been set up
listing books, CDs, DVDs and other items for trade, a Fairfield ride board,
local events, hiring/looking for work announcements, informative articles,
useful, links, etc.

13) Discussions of politics that affect personal growth and world consciousness
are allowed. However, be kind and respectful of others' viewpoints. Come with a
humble heart, an open mind, and the desire to contribute constructively to
everyone's broader awareness.

14) Keep in mind that many FFL members desire to maintain anonymity. If you
happen to know a member's real name, perhaps because that member has mentioned
it in a post or two, or just to you privately, please refer to that member only
by the pseudonym.

15) If you want to make suggestions for the refinement of these guidelines,
please post it in the forum.