> My experience over the years is that as my consciousness rises if I
> spend any amount of time at all around non-meditators the majority of
> them start to seem like wild animals.  I guess this is because they are
> at the mercy of superficial influences which are like "lines drawn on
> water or lines drawn on air" for many of us.   I'm not saying that all
> non-meditators are like that as there are some people who just come
into
> life at a higher level of evolution than others.  Nor am I positing
some
> superiority thing.  It's just that if you spend any time with them
> beyond some casual contact they seem to go completely blindly off on
> tangents that I evolved out of years ago as so can be a little annoying
> (especially if they are trying to drag you along with them).
>
> My relatives who out of all of them only my oldest nephew learned
> meditation are always "so busy" and I think "no you just aren't able to
> handle life so well any more being blown about by an increasing amount
> of chaotic influences in our noisier world."  We as meditators tend to
> have a stable base of consciousness and the chaos of the world has less
> and less influence as our consciousness evolves.
>
> I would like to hear other's *experience* on this and not theory.

Holy cow...where to start. I used to feel that way too when I had been
in Switzerland for extended periods of time, only in the company of
course participants and staff. When we would off to do something in
the "real world" it was a wee bit scary.

Read up on cult behavior and "group think". You'll learn a lot. This
"us on the inside...those on the outside" feeling...it's classic cult
group think in my opinion and it isn't healthy.