> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "lurkernomore20002000"
> <steve.sundur@> wrote:
> >
> > Nels:+++
> > Hey,  Have you got anything on the roomer about a suicide
> > > >
> > D Ham:
> > Habeas Corpus in FF, on campus?
> > > Nelson, it is an event that can not be publicly acknowledged or
> > > written about.  In all the layers about rights now to privacy
> > > no one can officially talk about it.  A number of folks and
> > > neighbors were standing around witness to things there but
> > > nothing is released about it, for privacy protection.
> >
> > I don't think it works this way.  Does Doug's version make
> > sense to anyone else?
>
> Having consulted at far too many insurance companies,
> and having heard the things that are done in America
> on a daily basis to hide the details of a suicide,
> perfect sense. As important as people here tend to
> think that the TMO and its tendency to present a
> false front are, they possibly have nothing to do
> with covering up a suicide (although they might).
> Often it has to do with "protecting" family members
> from the truth, or hiding the truth from the insurance
> company (that has a "no suicide" clause in the policy
> they hold on the deceased), or for political reasons,
> or for hundreds of other reasons.

One insurance investigator I worked with (who had
been in the business for thirty years and thus was
in a position to know what he was talking about)
once told me that in his opinion if suicide was not
regularly covered up and hidden, the suicide rate
in America would appear to double or triple overnight.

In the case of a family member of mine who committed
suicide, the police actually *offered* his wife the
ability to "keep it out of the papers" and disguise
it as an accidental death.

In other words, don't imagine some big TMO conspiracy
here. This stuff happens every day.