I agree with you on not being able to judge whether one is more enlightened
than the
other. I find I know next to nothing about Guru Dev -- other than Paul Mason's
work in
translating satsangs and one book, which I think was called "The Real Thing",
which I read
many years ago.

As to the Maharishi's influence being greater, I think you are on dangerous
ground there.
L. Ron Hubbard's Scientology claims to be much larger than the Maharishi's
movement,
although they started around the same time. Scientology also has a much larger
impact on
our culture, featured as it is in the news on a daily basis.

By your reasoning, would L. Ron Hubbard be a greater spiritual leader than the
Maharishi?
If not, why not?

Should we all go become Scientology 'bots?

I don't mean to be facetious. How to judge the "success" of a spiritual master
-- at least a
mass-market one, such as the Maharishi and L. Ron -- is a thorny issue worthy
of
discussion.

J.

---
John M. Knapp, LMSW
TM-Free Blog: 99 & 44/100% TM Free!

Google-bomb the TM Org!
Make us #1 on Google
when you link to
http://tmfree.blogspot.com!

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, taskcentered <no_reply@> wrote:
> >
> > Lawson,
> >
> > Could you expand a little on your thought, please? In what ways do you
> > believe the
> > Maharishi has grown beyond Guru Dev?
> >

> Well, the original context was Paul's posting of Gurudev's comments on
> siddhis. I was
merely
> pointing out, but not clearly, I'll agree, that MMY's experience and
> understanding of
siddhis
> techniques has gone beyond Gurudev's.
>
> Paul's reaction, along with others, made me decide to play devil's advocate
> and see
where
> everything went. As to questions of whether or not MMY is "more" enlightened
> than
Gurudev,
> I don't think that there is any way of judging such things,  though I'm
> pretty sure that
that is
> how everyone took my comments and I certainly let them think that way.
>
> Another way in which MMY has obviously gone beyond Gurudev includes his
> direct
influence