> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajranatha@> wrote:
> >

> > On Feb 16, 2007, at 6:01 PM, sparaig wrote:
> >
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajranatha@> wrote:
> > > [...]
> going
> angle you
> or
> purposes.
> matters

> > > Heh. So how did they manage to purchage land and build on it,
> > > either in India, or elsewhere,
> > > if the money has constantly been misappropriated?
> > >
> > > Mishanded or squandered is NOT the same as misappropriated.
> >
> > Good point.
> >
> > Certainly the TMO has a huge infrastructure that could
reasonably
> > absorb a huge chunk of the money it took in. But the problem is:
> WE
> > DON"T KNOW. There was no real transparency. I personally find
> that
> > offensive in any group that claims to be "spiritual" and hides
> their
> > books from the donors (let's not even mention the government).
> >
> > This simply highlights the fact that the TMO is essentially a
> Vedic
> > dictatorship.
> >
> I wonder if your Dalai Lama openly admits to the CIA money he has
> received. I reported a couple of links on this awhile back. I don't
> think secrecy is the exclusive province of Vedic organizations.

This Dalai Lama is "just a politician" (- Maharishi.)
What indian politicians are not corrupt ? In India you can buy
everything, even governmental policies.

It's among the 3 most corrupt countries of the world, and Maharishi
had to leave, obviously. The Saints that stay, given they are high
profiled, are imprisoned or under heavy attack for extortion by local
politicians (Sai Baba, Swami Premananda and others)