--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Mr. Magoo" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jim_flanegin" <jflanegi@>
wrote:

> > I think what nablusos108 is saying is that there is no need for
will
> > to be exercised once the arrow is pulled back through meditation.
>
> Nonsense..for any progress, either material or spiritual, spiritual
> will must be employed, all eight limbs of Yoga must be practiced.
>
> > The arrow will fly to its target as a result of innocent desires
for
> > fulfillment coming about as the result of our individual dharma.
Our
> > dharma forms the target(s).
>
> True, but it's more of a gradual process of alternating meditation
> with scripturally guided behavior, they go hand in hand. It is thru
> meditation that we strengthen our will....
>
> Hey, if you want to go thru life only practicing one limb of
> Patanjali's Yoga (dhyana) go ahead.  That's not want MMY is
> recommending, read the fine print...all limbs must be practiced
> simultaneously!!  :-)
>

> > The power resulting from TM comes about naturally as a result of
> > transcending and is expressed naturally through activity.
>
> Doesn't mean you stop using your God given power of *free will*. TM
> improves your skill in activity, your skill to command the laws of
> nature to work in and thru you.

I think we may be saying similar things. I am just saying it all
unfolds naturally. There is no need to take ownership of the
process. Even the free will you speak of is something that is
expressed naturally in activity as a result of the benefits and
insights gained through meditation. My view on all of this is
exceedingly simple-  I act, and through the fruits of my actions I
know what to do next. From one moment to the next. No adherence to
anything except the alternation of activity with TM is needed. All
the rest comes and goes as it should, ever improving skill in action.