--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, m2smart4u2000 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> What is the affect jyotish wise? isn't it occurring in mercury? I
> thought it was a good time to have a yagya????

***********

It's possibly said to be a good time to have a yagya only because
eclipses of any sort are inauspicious in Jyotish. Astrologer David
Hawthorne says the following about the lunar eclipse, which may or
may not be consistent with what Maharishi Jyotishis say:

Planetary Transits for March 1 – March 7

Sun transits Aquarius, from 16:18 to 23:19°, closely conjunct Rahu,
under the aspect of Ketu until March 11.  Watch for major news
regarding political leaders and governments.  Take care of your
father and husband, and be careful with your blood pressure.

Moon transits Cancer, Leo, Virgo, and into Libra.  The full Moon and
a Total Lunar Eclipse are in Leo, March 3.   This, the first of two
total lunar eclipses in 2007, is unique because it is partly visible
from every continent around the world, and may be more intense than
usual due to the stationary position of the Moon's nodes, Rahu and
Ketu.

The total eclipse begins at 22:44 UT, the greatest eclipse is at
23:20 UT, and the total eclipse ends at 23:57 UT.  For local time,
subtract your time zone if west (add your time zone if east) of
Greenwich, England, (e.g., six hours if you are in the Central time
zone).

The entire event will be visible from Europe, Africa and western
Asia. In eastern North and South America the Moon will be partially
or totally eclipsed at moonrise. From western North America, only the
final penumbral phases are visible.

Notes:  It is advisable to fast or eat lightly for a few hours before
and after the eclipse, and to stay indoors and rest or meditate.
Additionally, the two-week period between the total lunar eclipse
(March 3) and the partial solar eclipse (March 19) may be a
vulnerable time.  Extra care, patience and caution are strongly
advised.