On Mar 5, 2007, at 3:19 AM, george_deforest wrote:

TurquoiseB wrote:

And y'know...I just can't work up that much
Buddhist guilt about it. I was a Deadhead for
too long as a youth to believe overmuch in
copyright in my dotage.  :-)

Dead Head, eh? then prehaps you also like their
recurring collaborator, Bruce Hornsby??

i got to see Bruce live a couple weeks ago,
at the Palace of Fine Arts in San Francisco
(comped by my Deadhead brother-in-law).

it was a beautiful experience, what an uplifting
stage presence ... plus, they handed out a
new "live" DVD, for everyone who had a ticket!

That's cool, I'd never heard of anything like that before.

An old friend who was a member of the official Bruce Hornsby fan club used to go, every year, to a gig he would hold, just for his fans, in the town where he lives (IIRC Williamsburg, VA). And of course you got to hang with him and have dinner. He sounds like a pretty cool guy. At least he appreciates where his success really came from: his fans.