From: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Sal Sunshine
Sent: Saturday, March 24, 2007 8:53 AM
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] Re: Press invitation, written by Maharishi in
October, 1952

On Mar 24, 2007, at 8:36 AM, authfriend wrote:

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
<snip>

It is also interesting that MMY twice invokes that his
teacher is the highest, bestest, most fantastical saint
in India. Competitive thing isn't he? Best in spirituality.
That reminds me of people who claim to be the best in art.

Or in politics, hmm?

Thing is, it isn't exactly *unusual* for followers
of a spiritual teacher or political or other kind of
leader to believe that the teacher or leader is the
"best" in their field. If you didn't think that, why
would you be following them in the first place?

Maybe because he was the one who happened to come your way at the right
time. As in so many other things, timing is crucial to who most people
follow and why.

And I believe there's a big difference between thinking something might be
the best, for you at least, and loudly trumpeting it, over and over (at
least as per Curtis' description above). The former might be natural, the
latter almost a form of aggression, really having not much to do with the
teacher and everything to do with the student's own needs to put himself on
a pedestal as much as the teacher.

Sal