Reply below (to the comments addressed to me):

**

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Marek Reavis"
> <reavismarek@> wrote:
> <snip>
> > Judy, there's no way that Rick doesn't hold "fairness,
> > honesty, and sincerity" as dearly as you.  That is my
> > view of him, at least.  It perplexes me that you have
> > such conviction that he is so shallow and hypocritical
> > and you believe that the record abundantly supports that
> > view.  In my review it doesn't.
>
> I read over my post, and I was not able to find
> anything in it that suggested I believe "the record
> abundantly supports" that view. Could you point out
> to me where you found such a suggestion?
>
> Nor, in fact, is it my view.
>
> I have seen several *instances* of unfairness from
> Rick; and in this post I was referring exclusively
> to the most recent such.
>
> In my book, that doesn't make him "so shallow and
> hypocritical" as a human bean, only that he has some
> blind spots and is capable of making some bad mistakes,
> including this one.
>
> I would note that it's not terribly surprising
> that the people Rick supports, or at least refrains
> from sanctioning, would find him to be commendably
> fair.
>
> Do you read the traffic here on a regular basis,
> by the way?
>
> And just out of curiosity, after reading my post,
> do you see how a reasonable person might have
> found Rick's post offensive?  Or are you convinced
> it's just rampant paranoia on my part?

**snip to end**

Yes, I read the traffic here on a regular basis, and more so since the
institution of the new posting restrictions which, in my opinion, have
happily eliminated the compulsive posting habits of contributors like
yourself.

And, no, I don't find your views regarding the "offensive" nature of
Rick's comments as reasonable.  Quite the contrary.  However, I am in
no position to diagnose or speculate as to why you persist in that
attitude.